THE RETURN OF BO BRADY: Episode 3


EPISODE 3
int. brady house – living room
SHANE, KIMBERLY, STEVE, KAYLA, ROMAN, ABE, and HOPE are all gathered around a bunch of blueprints plastered on the living room wall.
shane
Victor’s got 7 estates – that we know of.  All are located on the water, and all have their own medical facility or have a private medical facility close by. 
ROMAN
The question is, where do we start.
kayla
I think we should split up – it’ll be much faster.
hope
Good point.
steve
I don’t know. I don’t like the idea of you ladies snooping around these properties, that are in the middle of nowhere, all by yourselves without any back-up.
hope
We can handle ourselves, Steve. And besides, they belong to Victor – I trust him. He’s done some pretty questionable things in the past, but he’s not going to hurt us. It’s not like we’re dealing with Stefano here.
We see a close-up of KIMBERLY who looks upset. SHANE approaches Kimberly and pulls her aside to talk privately.  
shane
Are you OK?
KIMBERLY
I’m OK. I just hate that man – the thought of him –
(Kimberly shudders)
But I will put the past behind me. I'll do anything to find my baby brother - including having to stand up to Victor Kiriakis. I've done it before. I can do it again.
SHANE puts his arms around KIMBERLY and gives her a squeeze.
Across the room, we see HOPE, STEVE, ROMAN, KAYLA, and ABE still making plans: talking, looking through files and photographs, making notes, etc.
abe
I say we do like the Salem PD and ‘divide and conquer’. Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to help out with the search -  there’s no way I can abandon my duties as Mayor right now. But I’ll help where I can from here. Let me touch base with Billie.  Maybe she has more info by now and can tell us if anyone has been living at any of these properties.  Hopefully she can get us a list of employees. 
hope
Great.  Thanks Abe.
Everyone in the group nods with optimism as the plan is coming together.
hope
I just had a thought. Maybe Maggie knows something about Victor’s other properties. The two of them must have visited a few of these places on holidays.
Kayla
You know, I think you’re right. I remember Maggie telling me something about this beautiful estate they stayed in recently. She was going on about how Victor has so many, she can barely remember them all.
hope
Well let’s pray she can.
int. victor’s mansion
MAGGIE enters the front door and walks into the study where VICTOR is looking through the family photo albums. Maggie looks over his shoulder and kisses him on the cheek. 
Maggie
Are you OK?
victor
Oh yes. I've just been thinking about Bo. You know I’m not the world’s most sentimental man, but this family album you’ve been putting together really needs more pictures of Bo, Hope and the children.
maggie
There’s nothing wrong with being sentimental, Victor...especially when it comes to family. I know you’re just a big soft teddy bear on the inside.  But don’t you worry – you’re secret is safe with me.
she pats him on the shoulder)
If you’d like, I'll go speak to Hope and see if she has any pictures she can part with.
victor
Thank you, Maggie.
(with a smirk)
Sometimes I worry about how much you know.

MAGGIE smiles and gives VICTOR a hug.
int. Brady house – living room
HOPE, STEVE, and KAYLA wave good bye to ROMAN (OS), ABE (OS), SHANE (OS) and KIMBERLY (OS) who have left as Hope closes the front door. 
Kayla glances over at Steve. There is tension between them. She feels uncomfortable now that it is just the 3 of them left in the house.
kayla
 I think I should probably get going too. 
HOPE, as she has done in the past, tries to play match maker with STEVE and Kayla and quickly grabs Kayla’s arm.
hope
Actually – I was wondering if you two could hang out here a bit longer. I’m going to go upstairs and call Maggie and I need someone to finish going through the files so we can hit these locations as soon as possible.
HOPE doesn't wait for an answer. She grabs her cell phone and  runs upstairs. She pauses quickly at the top of the stairs and looks down at STEVE and KAYLA with a smile before exiting.
Steve and Kayla sit alone on the couch. Both feel uncomfortable and at a loss for words since the bionic eye fiasco. Kayla clears her throat, looks at her cell phone and gets up to leave.
kayla
I have to get to the hospital, there’s an emergency.
steve
I didn’t hear your cell phone go off.
(pause, silence between them)
Kay.  Look at me, Kayla.
(he gently turns her chin towards him with his finger)
I know you. You’re not telling me the truth.
Tears well up in KAYLA’S eyes.
steve
I’m sorry sweetness. I never meant to leave you like that. I thought I’d be back before you even missed me.
kayla
No – I’m the one who should be sorry. I hope you know that I only did what I did because I love you.
steve
I know baby. I know.
STEVE and KAYLA kiss. HOPE appears in the BG at the top of the stairs. She stops with a smile and raised eyebrow at the sight of the two kissing.
There is a sudden knock at the door that interrupts the kissing couple.  Hope continues down the stairs and opens the front door to reveal MAGGIE.