THE RETURN OF BO BRADY: Episode 4


episode 4
EXT. brady house – front door
HOPE opens the front door to see Maggie standing on her doorstep.
HOPE
(surprised)
Maggie!
(quickly stepping onto the porch and closing the door behind her)
I thought I was going to meet you over at Victor’s.
maggie
I had to run an errand so I thought I’d pop in and save you the trip.
(confused pause as Hope awkwardly blocks the closed door)
Aren't you going to invite me in?
hope
I would, but uh...Steve and Kayla are having a heart-to-heart and I don't want to disturb them. Here -  let's talk over here.
HOPE directs Maggie to a bench on the front porch. Both sit down.
Maggie
I’m so glad they’re talking. I hope they can work things out.
hope
Me too.
maggie
So what did you want to see me about?
hope
I was thinking that with everything that’s happened recently, I’d like to take Ciara on a little vacation...do some mother-daughter bonding. 
maggie
That sounds like a nice idea. What can I do to help?
hope
I was wondering if we could use one of Victor’s other foreign estates. Have you ever stayed at any of them?
maggie
I don’t see why not. I’ve stayed at 3 or 4 of them. Let me think now...
(pause)
...we just recently visited the charming little villa on the Spanish coast.  It’s so lovely. There’s the chateau in the south of France, which is being renovated right now...and the seaside manor in Scotland where Victor is holding his international shareholder’s meeting next week...oh, and I almost forgot about the palace in Morocco – but I think it’s being occupied by some royal family right now. Hmm...I know there’s more – but I just can’t remember.  Let me ask Victor.
hope
No, no, no – that’s OK. It’s still just a thought. I’m not sure if I can get the time off work yet...or if Ciara even wants to go hang out with her mom. It’s not exactly the coolest way to spend a vacation.
(laughs)
They do sound wonderful though. Can I get back to you?
maggie
Take all the time you need, honey.
hope
Thanks Maggie.
maggie
While I’m here, I wanted to ask you something.
hope
Sure.
maggie
When I got home today, I found Victor looking through this family photo album I’m putting together. He started complaining about not having enough pictures of you & Bo and the kids. I was wondering if you had any extra photos lying around that I could have?
HOPE appears puzzled by this request.
maggie
I’m sorry – I’ve upset you.
hope
No, no, not at all. I'll, um, I'll see what I can find and bring them over.
maggie
Wonderful, thank you. Well, I better get going – it’s getting late.
hope
Aunt Maggie? Please don't mention our little vacation plans to Victor yet. I’m not even sure it will happen and I don’t want to bother him with it.
maggie
Of course. I will see you soon, OK?  Take care.
HOPE and MAGGIE hug.
hope
Love you.
maggie
Love you too.
MAGGIE exits.
int. brady house – living room
Meanwhile STEVE and KAYLA are on the couch. Their kiss had been interrupted by the knock at the door, so Steve leans over to pick up where they left off.
kayla
(pulling away)
Steve - I think we need to take this slow.
steve
OK baby. Whatever you say.
(pause while looking into her eyes and caressing her face)
I think maybe coming together to look for Bo is the best thing that’s happened to all of us in a long time. Look at how it’s brought the whole family together...look at how it’s brought us together.
KAYLA smiles. The intimate moment is interrupted again as HOPE enters the house.
hope
Well - we can cross 4 properties off that list of 7...so that only leaves 3!
steve
Well that’s good news...what did Maggie say?
hope
She definitely had some good insight. Why don’t we all meet back here tomorrow morning and I’ll fill you in. Then we can talk about the next part of our plan.
steve
Sounds good.
 
STEVE and KAYLA get up and walk towards the front door.
kayla
I’ll let everybody else know.
STEVE and KAYLA each give HOPE a kiss on the cheek goodbye.
hope
Thanks for all your help.
STEVE and KAYLA exit and HOPE closes the door behind them.
int. victor’s mansion
Victor sits on his couch alone. With MAGGIE out running errands, he takes the opportunity to call Dr. Rolf. 
victor
So, how is he?
INT. one of victor’s other mansions - foreign country
Dr. rolf
He seems a bit agitated today. I’m afraid things are progressing more slowly than expected. Bo has come a long way since the surgery – he can walk, talk, and feed himself ...but he still has no memories of his past life. Were you able to get your hands on any more photographs of the Brady family?
int. victor’s mansion
victor
Yes, yes, I got them. Let me speak to my son please.
INT. one of victor’s other mansions - foreign country
DR. ROLF holds out the phone to BO who is sitting up in bed.
dr. rolf
Bo, it’s your father. He would like to speak with you.
bo
(in a simple, almost childlike manor)
Dad, I miss you. When are you coming back to visit?
int. victor’s mansion
victor
Soon son. I promise. How are you feeling?
INT. one of victor’s other mansions - foreign country
bo
OK, I guess. I can't wait to see you!
int. victor’s mansion
MAGGIE enters, unbeknownst to Victor.
victor
Me too, son. I’m looking forward to it.
VICTOR suddenly realizes that MAGGIE is in the room.
victor
Listen - I have to go now. I'll see you soon.
VICTOR hangs up the phone.
MAGGIE
Was that Philip?
victor
Oh, yes. He says hello.
INT. one of victor’s other mansions - foreign country
bo
Doc Rolf, Dad says he's coming to visit soon.
dr. rolf
I see this news has made you very happy. It will be good for your recovery.
bo
Yep. I can’t wait to see him.