THE RETURN OF BO BRADY: Episode 26


Episode 26
int. victor’s greek mansion – medical wing
VICTOR wakes up and glances around the room to see BO and HOPE hugging. This brings a smile to Victor’s face. He has always had a soft spot for his daughter in law. He feels guilty for betraying her trust but knows he had to respect Bo’s wishes. He hopes one day Hope can forgive him. He hesitates, not wanting to interrupt them.
victor
(clearing his throat)
Bo?
BO lets go of his embrace with HOPE to turn and look at VICTOR.
bo
Dad. You’re awake.
BO gets up and goes over to VICTOR. HOPE follows.
victor
Could you please get me a glass of water?
hope
I’ll get it.
victor
Thank you.
HOPE goes across the room to get a glass of water.
bo
(to Victor)
How are you feeling?
victor
Like I’ve been hit by a Mack truck.
HOPE returns with the water. BO helps VICTOR sit up. Hope holds the glass as Victor sips the water through a straw.
hope
Do you remember what happened?
victor
Yes, I had another heart attack.
hope
Yes.
Bo
Doctor Rolf saved you.
Hope
With Kayla’s help.
Victor
Where is Rolf?
hope
He was tired, so I told him to turn in for the night. It's about 4 a.m. right now so I’m sure he’s still sleeping along with everyone else. Do you need me to get Kayla? She said she’d come down if you needed anything.
victor
No, that's not necessary. I don't need anything right now.
bo
You need to rest, dad. Doctor’s orders.
victor
Yes, son, thank you. I need to speak with Hope.
(pause)
Alone.
HOPE looks at VICTOR with raised eyebrow.
bo
I, um, don't think now is a good time. You should be resting.
victor
I’m not going to leave this bed. And I can talk to Hope and rest at the same time.
VICTOR looks at HOPE for back-up.
hope
OK, if you think you’re up to it.
bo
(with concern)
Dad.
victor
I’m up to it. Why don't you go to the kitchen and get yourself something to eat, Bo. I’m sure you haven't eaten anything in a while.
bo
OK, fine. Hope, do you need anything? Can I get you something?
HOPE turns to smile at BO, still thinking about the memory he had.
hope
No, thank you.
bo
OK, I'll be back soon.
BO exits towards the kitchen. VICTOR watches him leave and waits until Bo is gone to speak.
victor
Hope, I owe you an apology.
hope
I don't think it's a good idea for us to talk about this right now, Victor. I’m not sure I'll be able to control my anger.
(turning her back to Victor)
I can barely stand the sight of you right now.
victor
Hope, I meant what I said earlier. I do think of you as a daughter. I was just doing what Bo wanted and I understood why he wanted it.
hope
Really, Victor? And why is that?
victor
To protect you, Shawn, Ciara, and Chelsea. He didn't want his family to be burdened with having to take care of him. He knew the risks of the surgery. And most of what Dr. Rolf warned him about, happened.
hope
 (tears in her eyes)
Dr. Rolf told us about Bo’s recovery. That Bo couldn't walk, talk, feed himself...that he had no memory.
(pause, quietly with sadness)
Of any of us...at all.
victor
That's right. Not even me. He had no memories of who he was at all.
HOPE’S sadness turns to anger, but she realizes she has to control her anger so she doesn't upset VICTOR.
hope
You know, I think you wanted to talk to me now because you know that I can't get mad at you. But let me make this clear - for now I will bury my anger, my disgust with you. I will do that for Bo, because I can see that he's scared and he needs you. But as soon as he regains his memory, you and I will revisit this conversation.
The tension is interrupted by BO who enters with some food. Bo hands HOPE an apple and smiles at her.
bo
You should eat a little something.
HOPE smiles back and takes the apple.
hope
Thank you.
int. victor’s greek yacht
Inside the yacht, EJ and TONY have DR. ROLF backed up against the wall, threatening him with weapons.
ej
So, you have an idea. Well speak up.
dr. rolf
I, I, I could do to Bo what I did to Hope many years ago.
tony
That's the best you can come up with? That's old and tiresome, my friend. And besides, I don’t have the patience for that – it would take months.
EJ
I have to agree with my brother. I don't like these mind games. I much prefer to take matters into my own hands.
EJ lifts his knife and looks closely at the blade, turning it to catch a reflection in the light. DR. ROLF swallows hard as a bead of sweat drips from his brow.
tony
It’s been quite some time since I've seen you. And to think you've been helping the Brady’s and Kiriakis’ all this time. I’ve got to wonder, if we had not shown up here, would you still be helping them?
(pause as Dr. Rolf is desperately shaking his head)
How are we to know that you won't go running back to the Brady’s and turn us in?
ej
True. Right now they don't even know we’re here. We have the upper hand.
TONY looks at EJ and smirks, knowing exactly what he's thinking.
TONY
Would you care to do the honors?
EJ
How kind of you, dear brother.
EJ suddenly lunges at DR. ROLF and stabs him in the chest. Dr. Rolf gasps and grabs the embedded knife handle with both hands as he slowly slides down the wall and slumps to the floor.